Thursday, September 14, 2017

DAILY DEVO...there's a time for everything

TODAY'S DAILY...

Have you ever noticed how much we seem to complain about time? If we wait for more than 5 minutes for our food in the fast lane, it's too long. But on the other hand, a sweet family reunion with someone we haven't seen in a long time is never long enough. 

In the book of Ecclesiastes, we are reminded that every season of life has purpose. We all have seasons of difficulty and seasons of joy. In each season, God wants to teach us something about Who He is and all that He can be for us. 

If we will let Him...

(Ecclesiastes 3:11) "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

God's timing is different than ours. He wants good things for us but sometimes we must wait for the right time. If we rush things, we might miss out on a blessing. 

I've changed how I look at trials and disappointments in my life. Instead of asking "why?", I simply understand it's just not the right time. 

If I can trust that God created the beautiful heavens and earth and everything in it, surely I can trust Him for all that He has planned for me. Can you?

Have a blessed (and on-time) day! LAURIE


TODAY'S READING: Ecclesiastes 1:1-3:15, 1 Corinthians 12:1-26, Psalm 139:1-6

No comments: