Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Daily DEVO...keep a guard at the door of your lips

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

Today's scripture goes right along with what I wrote about yesterday: encouraging others with our lips.

What we say (or don't say) has such a powerful impact on those we communicate with. In today's Psalm, It says...

"Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips”. (Psalm 141:3)

Imagine with me today that inside of our lips is a door and at the door stands a doorman on guard. He is keeping watch of what goes in and what comes out.

Every word that is spoken (or just thought) does not get by God. He is our Doorkeeper and knowing that He is on watch over my lips encourages me that I need to be an encourager with my mouth.

I have to admit, I haven't always guarded my mouth like I should but today my prayer is found in Colossians 4:6: "Dear Lord; let my speech be full of grace and seasoned with salt."

It will serve you well if you use sweet words today so tomorrow you won't have to eat them.

Have a blessed (and watchful) day. LAURIE

TODAY'S READING...Song of Solomon 5-8, 1 Corinthians 15:35-58, Psalm 141

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Great post,I'm reading some of your back posts :-)
Oh Im Renee a new follower to your blog .. :-)

Pleasure to meet you..