Wednesday, August 23, 2017

DAILY DEVO...strengthen our hands

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

Today's scripture reading in Nehemiah really resonated with me. In particular, it was the prayer of Nehemiah that really spoke to me...

(Nehemiah 6:9) "They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, 'Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed.' But I prayed, "Now strengthen my hands."

It has been 14 months since I had hand reconstruction surgery on my dominate hand. I had a major bone removed and I had two implants inserted on the top of my hand. The outcome that we had hoped for hasn't happened. Yet. 

Due to the lack of mobility and range of motion in my hand, it has gotten weak and has lost a lot of muscle mass. 

I have prayed a similar prayer like Nehemiah over and over; for God to strengthen my hand. 

Nehemiah led the rebuilding of the wall of Jerusalem and he refused to give up. He faced many insults and intimidation from the enemies all around him as well as injustices from his own people (Neh. 4–5). But he sought help from God while taking every defensive step he could.

Despite all of the challenges, the wall was complete in 52 days (6:15). But Nehemiah’s work was not complete. 

Like Nehemiah, my work is not complete either. I may have some physical challenges to get the job done but with prayer, faithfulness and God's help, He will strengthen my hand to complete the work that He has begun. Handicaps cannot hinder God's work. 

Your work is not complete either. I don't know what stands in your way of getting the job done, but may you look to God for the strength you need to stay on task. 

Have a blessed Day. LAURIE


TODAY'S READING: Nehemiah 5:14-7:73, Romans 10:1-13, Psalm 119:81-88

No comments: