Monday, August 28, 2017

DAILY DEVO...Finding hope in a hopeless world

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

When I listen to people and when I look around, I see alot of hopelessness. 

Marriages are broken. Loved ones are terminally ill. Families are feuding. Jobs are few. Debt is great. 

We are living in great times of turmoil and fear, but where has hope gone?

Politicians promise to fix things. Doctors promise to cure things. Banks promise to settle things. Friends and family promise to endure things. 

But what hope can we really have in these things (people)? 

Biblical hope is not like hope in this world. When I place my hope in people like our President or my doctor, I will be let down; the endless cycle of disappointment will keep circling around. 

Electing the right politician or choosing the right doctor or attending the right church will not (cannot) rescue us and give us the hope that we need in our lives unless our hope is built on Jesus Christ. 

Paul in the book of Romans sought hope, not just any hope but the hope that God gives...

(Romans 15:13) "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

When our hope is placed in anything less than the perfect God of the universe, we will live in the darkness of dissatisfaction. 

I don't know about you, but I can't live my life feeling hopeless; like there's nothing to look forward to. God's hope offers a promise for tomorrow, a life filled with joy and peace. 

May we all experience this hope of God and live more peaceful and joyful lives with Him and with others. 

Have a blessed (and hopeful) day. LAURIE


TODAY'S READING: Esther 1:1-2:18, Romans 14:13-15:13, Psalm 119:137-152

No comments: