Monday, August 14, 2017

Daily DEVO...recognize the idols in your life

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

During my "break" from social media for nearly a month, I noticed something. I noticed how much more time there seemed to be in a day!!!

Clearly, there were other things that I could be doing that time spent on social media was robbing me of. 

We live in a "smart" atmosphere; a world where we are inundated with smart phones, smart tvs and smart apps. Everything we ever need is at the tips of our fingers. 

Have you ever wondered why we are so influenced by the culture around us? Simple - what consumes us becomes us. 

Recently I heard someone say, "we become what we worship". Often times, I think we idolize things that we aren't even aware have become idols in our lives. 

How absurd it must have been for the Israelites to create an idol to worship when God Almighty was with them, longing for their adoration and worship. 

But isn't that what you and I do when we place other things and other people before God?

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you". (Matthew 6:33)

The world is begging for our attention. But so is God. The question today is...who or what will you serve?

If you are not sure Whom you are serving; compare your time, your passion and your investments - Is God first or last? If He isn't first, you may have some idols in your life. 

My prayer today is that God is given the worship and adoration that He deserves in our lives. No idol (not even Facebook), ever died for you and never will. 

PRAYER: Dear Lord, forgive me for placing other things in front of You. You and You ALONE deserve my praise and honor. AMEN

Have a blessed day,

Laurie

No comments: