Friday, February 3, 2017

DAILY DEVO...walk with integrity

King David was far from being perfect (but nether am I), but yet God called him "a man after His own heart", (1 Samuel 13:14).

In today's Psalm reading I can see why God said that. David set his heart in such a way that he wanted to live in a way that would be pleasing to God. David's statements that he has walked and will continue to walk in integrity caused me to stop and think about my own life and those around me that I am allowing to influence me. What does integrity look like in us?

I suppose you could say that "integrity" isn't something many people talk about these days, probably because in society there is such a lack of it. But for a Christian, integrity should be one of the main ingredients of their walk.

Integrity is being the same in light as you are in darkness. It means not swaying or changing because of people or circumstances. It requires for us to stand upon our word; not being wishy washy but knowing what you believe and standing upon it.

(Psalm 26:1) "Vindicate me, LORD, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the LORD and have not faltered."

As I read further in today's Psalm, I see some of the choices that David made in order to walk in integrity. He knew he was a sinner saved by Grace but yet he asked God to test him, (v. 3). What boldness, what a confidence that David had about his own integrity.

It doesn't come from an arrogant spirit, instead, this confidence wells up from knowing that the blood of the lamb had David covered.

Likewise, we are covered by that same blood but what does our walk with the Lord look like? Can we confidently say that integrity is one of our main goals?

May we walk in such a way with the Lord that we too can say, "I have not faltered".

BLESSINGS. Laurie

*they say it takes 30 days to form a habit. If you are reading thru the Bible with me each day, the habit has been formed. Stay with me, it only takes a few minutes each day, isn't God worth that?

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE READING: Exodus 12, Matthew 18:1-20, Psalm 26

SATURDAY'S SCRIPTURE READING: Exodus 13-14, Matthew 18:21-35, Psalm 27

SUNDAY'S SCRIPTURE READING: Exodus 15-16, Matthew 19:1-15, Psalm 28

No comments: