Wednesday, December 21, 2016

TODAY'S DAILY PROVERB

TODAY'S DAILY PROVERB is found in chapter 21, verse 13...

"Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered."

This particular verse stuck out to me today, I suppose because it is the season for giving and that is where my heart is right now.

It is easy to think of caring for those in need at Christmas, but what about the other 364 days of the year? Do we see the needs of the hungry, the poor and the shut ins as clearly then or do we walk on by?

Today's Proverb reminds me of how each one of us is just one day, one choice, one lost job, one crisis away from being the very one in need. Today you may have plenty but tomorrow it may be gone. Tomorrow it may be you who is hungry, or cold or in need.

The saying Is "what goes around, comes around." I pray hard times won't come around to you or me but in case it does keep in mind that the measure we give may be returned to us. 

When you give, give generously.
 
BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: