Monday, October 31, 2016

Will You Stand?

There is no better time than today to decide where you stand. I'm afraid that after next weeks election results, no matter which way it goes, our beliefs and freedoms will be shaken.

I wonder how many will stand up for what they believe?

Last night, we took about 20 from our church to see the movie, "I am not ashamed", a movie about Rachel who was killed in the Columbine High shooting for being a Christian.

After watching this tear jerker, I couldn't help but reflect on what kind of a stand I would take in such a moment. I was reminded of Ephesians 6:13...

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”

No matter how many times I read it, the word "Stand" keeps jumping out to me.

You may ask, "how can I stand up for what I believe in this evil world that I live?"

"The peace of God transcends all understanding." (Philippians 4:7)

When we come to understand that we have been placed right where we are for a purpose, we will see that we each have the power to impact others. The things that we stand for not only affect us but it greatly affects those standing by.

Stand up for God, not only in how you live your life but Stand even if it means your faith will cost you your life.

Know what you believe and STAND!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: