Wednesday, October 5, 2016

TODAY'S DAILY...two is better than one!

Whenever you think you can go it alone, think again. Everyone needs someone.

In the book of Ecclesiastes, it even suggests that two are better than one...

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; if one falls down, his friend can help." (Ecc. 4:9)

Too many times in my own life when things hit me hard, I hesitate to ask for help. In my own mind and heart I think flying solo is best.

But I am wrong.

God never meant for us to go thru life alone. Nothing could be more truer than the statement of "two is better than one" when it comes to spiritual matters in our life.

The enemy may easily overpower the one that stands alone, but two can stick together and defend themselves more easily. Think about the young sheep who gets away from the flock, it becomes the target of easy prey; but when the young sheep is surrounded by other sheep the enemy will stay back afraid of being ambushed.

The writer of Ecclesiastes says it even more eloquently...

"A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." (Verse 12)

If you find yourself feeling alone today, I urge you, first of all, know that you are NOT alone because God is with you but secondly, you do NOT need to go thru discouragement, struggles and life alone.

I need you. You need me. And we all need God. Together, we can stand together because two IS better than one!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

1 comment:

Linda said...

Such a lovely post. Thank you so much for sharing.