Thursday, April 28, 2016

DAILY DEVO...God will fight your battle

I often get frustrated with myself when I can't figure out what I need to do next. I was praying about a certain situation that I'm facing right now, asking or should I say, TELLING God, "I don't know what to do!"

And then I recalled the story of King Jehoshaphat...

 “O our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You."  (2 Chronicles 20:12)
 
The people of Judah were about to be invaded by a vast army but they didn't  know what to do or how they could battle against them. In response, Jehoshaphat gathers the people together to seek the Lord. While the situation looks grim and they don’t know what to do, they choose to seek God rather than sit around and worry.

The Spirit of the Lord tells them the battle is the Lord’s and they don’t need to fight, but rather to stand firm and watch God save them from their attackers! 

"This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.'” (2 Chronicles 20:15)

Instead of relying on God, how often do we try to figure things out on our own? God reminded me thru His Word today that He is the One fighting for me and He is in control. 

The same God who went before King Jehoshaphat and his people will go before you. The battle is not yours, but God's. Let Him fight it for you. 

No comments: