Monday, April 18, 2016

TODAY'S DAILY...call it what it is!

One thing that my Granddaughter knows is her animals and the sounds that they make. You cannot trick her in believing that a cow makes the sound of a dog. She knows that a cow is a cow and calls it what it is and recognizes the sound it makes.

As I pray and seek for revival in my country and my city, I can't help but  think how far gone we have gotten from this simple childlike realization that if a cow is a cow, just call it a cow not a dog!

Today, I am not talking about farm animals but I am talking about recognizing that in order to have revival, we must stop covering things up or calling things something they are not.

No one likes to have God place His hands on us and call our actions or thoughts "sin". We'd rather call it something else, but God calls it like He sees it. Sin is sin. If a duck quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck. If God says it is sin and we are guilty of it and not repentive, then it is still sin!

God loves us and does not want sin in our lives. The problem is we need to come to the place where we no longer want sin in our life as well. We not only need to ask for forgiveness but God says we are to turn from it and sin no more!

If we want revival in our hearts and in our land, we can no longer ignore sin. Call it what it is, bring it to God, lay it at His feet, receive His forgiveness and Grace and turn and walk a new way with the help of the Holy Spirit.

"Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (Psalm 51:9,10)

It is my prayer that a true revival will break out in our land, but before that can happen, we must seek revival in our own hearts. May God renew in each of us a pure heart.

May we see that cows are indeed cows and sin is simply sin. Let's call things what they are and recognize the sounds that they make and let God bring things back to order.

No comments: