Friday, April 22, 2016

DAILY DEVO...why NOT ME?

"Why, LORD? Why me?" I have said that a time or two, I bet you have too.
Surprisingly enough, as I recently sat in a doctors office and heard the report that I did not want to hear, I didn't ask "Why me?", rather I found myself saying, "why NOT me?"


There is nothing wrong with trying to understand the "why's" of our life, however, the Bible instructs us to NOT lean on our ability to explain the why...


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and He will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).


No matter how hard we try, we cannot figure everything out and we aren't meant to. God is in control, and His ways are higher than ours.


Trusting God for the things we see and even for the things we don't see comes from our heart, not our understanding. So, if you are looking for an answer from God, the question to ask is, "why not me?"
I can't think of anyone more suitable for a miracle than you!


No comments: