Friday, January 2, 2015

DAILY DEVO...do you know Him?

One of my favorite conversations to have with teenagers is when I try to tell them something and before I finish my sentence, I hear them say, "I know!"

We all know someone like that. A little on the "know it all" side. But in all reality, what they think they know, they really do not.

Reminds me of Saul in the Bible...

"As Saul neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light... from heaven flashed around him. (4) He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me? (5) 'Who are You, Lord?' " -Acts 9:3-5

Saul knew God was speaking to him, however, Saul did not know Christ as his Lord.

Sometimes we can be absolute sure that we know that we know but as we gain more insight and wisdom, we realize we really don't know after all.

Saul did not know God in an intimate way, but at the sound of His voice, Saul fell to the ground.

It is my prayer that as God reveals Himself to us, that we will be like Saul and fall to our knees. It isn't enough to just know ABOUT God, you have to really KNOW Him!

Teenagers aren't the only ones who think they know it all, adults are too. Do you know Him or just know of Him?

Seek Gods wisdom and stop thinking you know all about Him and start working towards REALLY getting to know Him!







No comments: