Tuesday, February 1, 2011

LWG...timing is everything!

Today, you can find me over at LACED WITH GRACE where I have shared a devotion entitled, "Timing is everything" ....


Waiting for something is the hardest thing for me to do.

I guess many of you are like me when it comes to being patient for things to happen. I remember when I was pregnant with all four of my children, in the beginning of my pregnancy, 9 months just seemed like an eternity. But then as time passed, and my womb grew, and the birth came ... the previous 9 months just seemed like a blur of time.

Many times when we are anxious about something in our life, time seems to tick on so slowly! We live in a society today that has grown to be impatient with waiting. Look at everything that is at our fingertips...fast food, fast cars, drive thru pharmacies, instant tax rebates. Seems like we have become so use to getting everything we want instantly that we don't know how to wait for the right time for things to happen.

My favorite story in the Bible demonstrates so perfectly the timing of God. Joseph remained in prison for 3 long years, until the right time came for him to be brought to Pharaoh and he was then made second in command in all of Egypt....CLICK HERE to read the rest of this devo!


1 comment:

Me said...

Great thought in this post today... I feel the same way in my post. Have you ever read the book "One Thousand Gifts" ? It is about stopping in this fast past word to really see the beauty in it. Thanks for your post and bible study today... I think we are on similar paths today.