Thursday, February 10, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY...the warmth of His smile

Have you ever wondered where smiles come from?
As with everything else, they originate in God. He smiled first before we smiled. He still smiles over us.

(Zephaniah 3:17) "The Lord your God in your midst. the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

A smile is like the sun shining upon us. There is one spot in the living area of our home where the sun shines in. I love this spot. I gravitate to it. To bask in the warmth of the sun not only brings warmth to the physical body but also to the soul. You can forget worries and problems when you bask in the sun. Unfortunately, right now we are in the midst of winter blizzard and the sun just has not been shining thru the window.

As I think about that, I realize that the warmth of God's smile has no boundaries. It doesn't matter what the temperature is outside. He smiles over us continually. It never ceases.

Wouldn't it be great if we could fully grasp that thought, especially on the dark, cold days that we encounter. You know those kind of days that nobody seems to have any joy, let alone a smile to share. May you feel the warmth of His smile over you today!

Thank you Lord for your smile, thank you for the SONshine that you bring into my daily life. May I extend that same joy to those around me. For a smile can literally shine for miles. -Amen

We are so glad that you joined us today for THANKFUL THURSDAY. We want to rejoice with you over what God has done in your life...share your grateful heart with us by linking up below!



18 comments:

Jessica Kramasz said...

"He will rejoice over you with singing."

How amazing is that?! He rejoices over us. Thank you for sharing these wonderful verses.

Joshlin said...

I have never though of a simple smile like that. Thank you! I will never look a a smile the same way again. Happy TT!

Denise said...

God's smiles are truly a gift, love you my friend.

Nancie said...

Hi Laurie,

Amen, thank God for His smile. Thank God for loving us and showering His love and mercies upon us daily. To see His smile is all that matters to me daily :) His joy in my strength. May His joy continue to be your strength daily too. Take care and have a blessed week!

Warm regards,
Nancie

Jan said...

What beautiful thoughts about smiles.
Blessings,
Jan.

Tonya said...

Thank you for this place to express our thanks to God, for His amazing simplicity in His love for us.

Shengkay said...

Amen to that laurie..

GOd never stop smiling at us..

happy TT!

Wendy said...

Thanks, Laurie!
You wrote this so well! I love the analogy of the Sun/Son! And how I do love to stand and let the Son/Sun shine on me!! The Zephaniah verse is one of my favorites also.
Blessings,
Wendy

Wendy said...

Laurie, Lynn, and Iris,
Please pray today? I will be sitting with my sister-in-law at the hospital while her husband has prostate surgery (cancer). Pray for his quick recovery also, please. And that I may share that smile with them!
Blessings,
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. The warmth of God's smile is a definite blessing and something to smile about.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for such a rare and special view of "smiles" such a warming post ! Thank YOU!
HAppy TT

Lynn said...

Amen... let Him shine. Hugging you today Laurie. Have a beautiful and bright day. Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful reminder of God's love for us.

Blessings to you!

bp said...

:) Yes after the cold days we've had the sunshine is so nice to see!
I enjoyed your thoughts on God smiling :)

Dana ~aka~ Frugalistic Mama said...

Thank you so much for sharing. We are in 3 inches of snow right now but were blessed with sunshine this morning ;-)

genny said...

it feels good when we smile and when we see someone smiled back at us.
here with my entry. happy TT!

Julie said...

Wonderful post! I've always thought that the sunrise was God's way of saying Good Morning each day, and the sunset was his way of saying Good Night. Thank you for giving me a new way to see things. :)

I used to do Thankful Thursdays on my blog before knowing that there were organized groups doing it. Now, instead of going at it alone, I am joining in.

Whidbey Woman said...

:) :) :) Three cheers.. or should I say smiles... for this post!
No doubt God is smiling down on us this Thankful Thursday, as we praise Him together and lift each other's spirits.