Friday, May 14, 2010

WHINE, WHINE, WHINE

Today I shared the following devo over at LACED WITH GRACE:

Some kids are just whiners. They whine about everything. I’m cold. I’m hot. I’m hungry. I’m not hungry. I’m tired. I’m not tired yet! When our kids were young, we had a whiner! He whined about everything. In fact, it got so bad that I finally made him a “whiny” towel and whenever he whined, he would have to wear the“whiny” towel wherever we went.


God has some whiny children too. We often lose sight of our blessings. Ironically, most of us have more blessings than we can count, but yet we find reasons to complain about the minor frustrations of everyday life. It’s too hot out. I have nothing to wear. My hair looks awful. I’m fat. My boss is unfair. There’s nothing to eat in this house!

PHILIPPIANS 2:14 -15 (MSG) “Do everything readily and cheerfully – no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”

Are you tempted to complain about the inevitable minor frustrations of everyday living? Don’t be a whiny Christian … practice today and every day to count your blessings and not your hardships, unless you want to wear a “whiny” towel.

“I may not be able to change the world I see around me, but I can change the way I see the world within me.” -JOHN MAXWELL

4 comments:

Debbie said...

A whiney towel was a good one, haha I can remember telling my kids (when they were little) my ears just CAN'T hear whines. I just see your mouth moving, but I can't hear it. This generally got them laughing, haha...I DEFINITELY don't want to be a whiny Christian. There is ALWAYS a blessing to be found. Sometimes you have to look REALLY hard, but it is there. Have a great week-end Laurie and please remember me in prayer Monday morning as I do my biopsy...I appreciate it so...HUGS

Denise said...

I enjoyed this sweetie.

LauraLee Shaw said...

I can be a real whiner, no doubt about it. Thanks for the remindeR!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Laurie, Loved this post! I always try to have a grateful heart and the whiney towel sounds like a great idea for kids. I may suggest it to my girls for their little ones. It was such a blessing to come visit you!
Hugs in Him, Noreen