Thursday, April 8, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY... the filling

The best thing about eating oreo cookies has to be the middle or the filling! There is no better way to eat a oreo cookie than to take the cookie apart and eat the middle first. I have yet to eat a oreo cookie without having to have something to drink. A big tall glass of milk always seems to quench my thirst at times like this.

When we become Christians, we are filled with His Spirit. Just like the oreo, His filling (His Spirit) is the best part!! Just like thirsting for a glass of milk after eating that cookie, we must thirst after Him and never quench His Spirit...

1 THESSALONIANS 5:19 "Do not quench the Spirit."

I am thankful for His Spirit that leads and guides me. It is because of His filling in my spirit that I need not to thirst anymore. He is enough!!!

What are you grateful for today? Join us over at LYNN'S for THANKFUL THURSDAY!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Amen.
Blessings to you dear friend !

Anonymous said...

So very true that the filling of His Spirit is the very best part.

On the funny side, I think I'm one of the few people out there in this world who likes the cookie part of oreos and scrapes off most of the filling. I know...strange indeed but I kid you not. ;)

Thanks for sharing on Thankful Thursday. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Amen Laurie,

Hugs and Happy TT. See you next week. Love, Lynn

Denise said...

Amen, He is more than enough.

Karen said...

What a neat post! This would make a neat visual for a teens class...

Nana Jul said...

What a great visual!! May we ever hunger and thirst for the Lord!
Oreo's and milk...I will never look at them the same way again!
Happy TT day!
Love,
Julie

Unknown said...

So thankful for your Scripture soaked thoughts. Such a blessing!