Wednesday, January 4, 2017

DAILY DEVO...the hand of God

TODAY'S DAILY...

From the very beginning of the Scriptures, we can trace the Hand of God. From the creation of this perfect world in the book of Genesis to the fall of man; all the way to God sending His son to walk the land as one of us in the book of Matthew to the crucifixion on the cross.

Realizing that God's hand has been upon this world from day one helps me to realize that His Hand is continually there for me in my time of need.

The Psalmist wrote in Psalm 63:7-8...

"Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me."

It has been written that King David wrote this psalm in the wilderness of Judah, during a difficult time of his son Absalom's rebellion. Absalom, his son had come against him, to dethrone him. David fled to the wilderness (read 2 Samuel 15-16) and it was in this most trying time that David completely trusted the hand of God.

Life can be hard and painful at times. Sometimes at the hand of those closest to us, but in the midst of whatever comes our way, God is never out of reach.

Everything that His Hand touches is good..."And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:31)

Trust the Hand of God.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

**For those reading thru the Bible with me this year, today's Scripture reading is: Genesis 1, Matthew 1 and Psalm 1.

No comments: