Tuesday, January 10, 2017

DAILY DEVO...do you ever laugh at the promises of God?

Do you ever not take God's promises seriously? Maybe you have felt unworthy or perhaps you have whispered, "I'm not sure what I believe, Lord. I just don't have enough faith."

I assure you, you are not alone. 

In today's Scripture reading, Sarah finds herself laughing at the thought of God giving her a son at her old age..

Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?" Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? " (Genesis 18:12-14)

Have you ever considered why Sarah laughed at God? Could it be because she lacked faith or doubted that it could happen?

I wonder, if you have ever laughed at God or simply snickered at the thought of what His promises could do for you...

"Saved ~ who me?"
"Healed ~ if only!"
"Delivered ~ too late!"

Maybe deep down you just don't think God cares enough about you to keep His promises or perhaps you doubt that He can actually do what He says.

Here's the thing that I've learned, it's the same thing Sarah probably learned: our lack of faith DOES NOT affect the faithfulness of God. He will always keep His promises, it is never dependent upon the level of our belief as it is the level of His Power.

God can handle our cynicism and He understands our doubts, but like Sarah, when our faith seems alittle shaky, He will always prove Himself. Every time!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE READING:
Genesis 17 & 18, Matthew 6:1-18, Psalm 7

No comments: