Thursday, June 9, 2016

TODAY'S DAILY...what are you gonna do with your baggage?

Last night after youth class, I went back into the room to clean up. When I did, I stepped right into a God thing.

It seems I interrupted a conversation, one that involved a teen expressing their unbelief to some other youth in the room.. After listening to the burdens that this one carries, I asked them a very important question; "how does each of your burdens keep you from God?"

It didn't seem like a difficult question but yet they could not answer.

You see, burdens do not keep us from God, hanging onto them does. I had a bag on the table and as I picked it up, I explained to this young person that life was like this bag, with each burden we have, we stuff it in the bag, holding on to it as long as we can. Burden after burden begins to overflow from the bag, and making it difficult to carry. The weight of it is so strong, the bag now causes our back to bend over from the weight.

I asked them what would happen if they could take one burden out of the bag and lay at the feet of Jesus? And then another. And another?

They replied, "the bag would become empty".

I don't know about you but when I travel, I don't pick up all my baggage off of the belt and try to carry it thru the airport on my own. Instead, I look for a cart or a porter to load it up for me.

If you wouldn't drag your baggage thru an airport, why saddle yourself down with it in life?

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for us." (1 Peter 5:7)

I don't know if that young person left the room much more a Believer than when they came but I do know that after praying with them, they left with less baggage than what they carried in.

Don't let your baggage keep you from God.

No comments: