Wednesday, June 1, 2016

DAILY DEVO...Who do you say I am?

Who do you say I am?

Ahh, before you even have the chance to answer that, let me help you out. I am a sinner.

There I said it. Yes, I am a sinner, I make mistakes, I'm not perfect and I am a work in progress under the blood of Christ.

And SO are you!

"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God". 

With that said, can I tell you that even though I'm not perfect and never will be, I am saved by His grace and forgiven!

And so are you, if you ask.

"If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; old things passed away; all things are new." 

So if our past sins are forgiven by God, why do others keep reminding us of them?

I can only think of 3 reasons:

1. They have unforgiveness in their heart.
2. They have not experienced the grace and forgiveness of Christ.
3. They do not understand God's Word and can't see past the past.

I spoke with a young lady this week and I could really relate to her. She has asked forgiveness from God and from those she has wronged but yet there are still those who will not let her forget who she once was. They still call her the name that she once was.

I'm so tired of this lie of the enemy. When God forgives us, it is gone. There is no need to justify ourselves or prove ourselves. The test of whether you have been forgiven is this: is your past wrong brought up over and over. If the answer is yes, than forgiveness has not been extended.

When God forgives, He throws it into the sea of forgetfulness. I am so grateful for the love and forgiveness of Christ. It is in Him that I find my value and it is what He calls me that matters over anyone else.

Who does God say you are? Cling to that and don't accept anything less!

No comments: