Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THANKFUL THURSDAY...a listening ear

I have been praying about a particular situation in our family and to be honest with you, it was much bigger than me or my husband. We were dependent upon God to hear our cry and perform a miracle.

We received a negative report from the doctor, but once we gave it to God, peace just surrounded us. Somehow, I knew that God had heard our cry.

He listens. He really does.

Not all of us listen. Face it, we live in a loud world. In fact, just try to get someones attention - not easy. But when we speak - God listens. Our voice matters in heaven, He takes every petition and request seriously. He does not take our prayer need lightly, He doesn't say "I'll pray about it" and then forget it. He is standing in on our behalf at the throne.

I once heard an Evangelist say, "Our prayers is what activates God's power in heaven." He doesn't need our prayers, but He desires them. Many blessings begin with a prayer.

Matthew 6:10 "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

This week, as I host THANKFUL THURSDAY, I would like to give praise and gratitude to a loving God Who hears our cry. He not only cares about us but He LISTENS to us. THANK YOU GOD!

What has God done for you this week? Share your TT post with us by linking up below. Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us today.

7 comments:

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

I am so thankful that God hears us and to Him, we are anything but invisible! When we can sometimes go about this world feeling like nobody cares, we can count on God to never let us go! He is always loving and He always hears us!

Trusting in Him, Joan

Denise said...

God is the glue that holds me together.

Susanne said...

He is the God who hears!! Great reminder... Thanks for that, and have a great day!! ;-)

bp said...

Praise God that He listens and hears His children.

tammi said...

And prayer is not so much about changing our situation, but about changing US in the midst of and/or in spite of our situation. I find so often that if I pray long enough about a certain thing or situation, it's my attitude that changes, not necessarily the things going on in my life. Many blessings to you and your hubby as you persevere in prayer. God is good!!

Janis Van Keuren said...

It's so comforting to know that God not only hears our prayers, prays to the Father for us, but answers them as well.
Thank you for hosting Thankful Thursday. I needed to share what the Lord has done for me this week. He has lifted the darkness.
May your doctor's reports come back with great encouragement.
Blessings,
Janis

Laura said...

Praying for you! I still think about you often, even though I don't get time to blog much these days. Our son is out of the military now. How are you? Take care!
Laura