Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Don't forget the "I"!

Many times I have heard people tell others "Love ya!" and I, myself have done that. It seems to me that loving others may not be what it use to be. What ever happened to saying "I love you?" When someone takes the "I" out of it, it just doesn't seem to sound the same.

I John 4:16-17 (NLT)
We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.

God never forgets the "I". It is evident in everything that I see as I look around. His creation speaks more than just a "love ya" gesture. Every intricate thought and design of the flowers, the animals, the sky, stars, moon and the oceans bellow "I LOVE YOU" to me from God.

When I think about God's love, I can easily compare it to the ocean.

Have you ever stood in the ocean as the raging tides came crashing in? I wonder what would happen if you would stand there and with all your might and power commanded the waves to stop?Most likely, the tide would still roll and the force of it would probably knock you down.

God's love is like the ocean because it is ever so consuming and cannot be controlled by humans. It is so powerful and so complete. Like the tide that goes in and then out, so is the love of God. We either find ourselves "in" love with Him or "out" of love with Him.

There is no in-between.

There is no partial commitment to God for us. We are either hot or cold. Obedient or disobedient. God is looking for some swimmers in His ocean of love, not just waders. Some of us are like little children who run out to the waves and then run right back in. We get our feet alittle bit wet and then have to dry them off.

God did not send His very best, His Son, to die for you and me for us to just be waders in the ocean of His love. His waves of grace says so much more than just "love ya"... with each splash of His Spirit, you can clearly hear Him say, "I love you".

As we dive into God's ocean of love, may we never forget the "I"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your post. I feel the same way with "sorry". I hear so many kids say that to appease their parents and not really mean it. I feal you should own it and say "I'm sorry."