Friday, June 17, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the wall!

This week I got a new hairdo. I don't know what I was thinking...with long hair, I could just get up, pull it in a ponytail and go. Short hair, you can't do that. You have to fuss and fix it before you can go anywhere.

The past few days I have found myself in front of the mirror more than usual as I try to prep myself to be world ready. Face it girls, some of us need alittle more time in front of the mirror each morning than others. Some girls have a natural beauty, I, on the other hand, need to make some things happen in front of the mirror before anyone can see me!

I would imagine that most of us would not want the world to see us before we primp and beautify. We want to look refined and refreshed before we conquer our world.

This morning, I am reminded of the words of the Apostle James:

James 1:22-25But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

When I look into the mirror and see myself for who I am, I have two choices. I can either walk away from what I saw and ignore the changes I need to make or I can do the work that is necessary to mold my life into what God wants it to be. Just like we need to shower and clean up in the morning, sometimes we just need a good spiritual shower and remove the dirt, grime and debris that stands in the way of being the fresh scent of Christ that He desires us to be.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall....

What do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you see a Christlike appearance looking back at you? May we all primp, groom and yearn after looking our best for God and in return, may others see the beauty of Christ within us.

No comments: