Friday, June 12, 2009

CIRCLE OF LOVE...meet Hannah

HANNAH
of
is this week's spotlight!


I would like to introduce you to a very new friend of mine, HANNAH. I crossed paths with Hannah recently through the AT THE WELL ministry. I have the opportunity to meet alot of different bloggers when I host the At the Well ministry, and some blogs stand out alittle more than others whenever I visit all of the discussion participants. Preparing for Our Children's Future was one of those blogs that caught my attention.

Hannah is a homemaker who really loves God and her family. She is currently homeschooling her 2 children and considers it a journey. I love that! What I love about Hannah's blog is how she takes history (which she loves) and brings it alive on the pages that she pens here in bloggyland. Hannah has a passion for the future of our children, and teaching them about our country and how learning about world history is going to prepare them for their futures as our next leaders and teachers.

Hannah is not only teaching her own children about our forefathers and what our country was founded on, but she brings back the history that so many of us have forgotten about. The freedoms, the speeches, the trust in God that this country was founded on can be found once again on the pages of Hannah's blog. I say "Let's get back to the basics of life" - and in order to do that, we might just have to start with the history that our country was founded on.

I applaud Hannah for her love and passion, not only for the importance of our world history but the dedication that she has to bring forth God's Word as the foundation of all that we stand for in this great country of the United States.

Surely "In God we CAN trust!"

Here is a sample of a recent post, where Hannah shares with her readers parts of Samuel Adams speech:

Samuel Adams Speech (part 7) Saturday

" 'Tis a strange species of generosity which requires a return infinitely more valuable than anything it could have bestowed; that demands as a reward for a defense of our property a surrender of those inestimable privileges to the arbitrary will of vindictive tyrants, which alone give value to that very property.Courage, then, my countrymen; our contest is not only whether we ourselves shall be free, but whether there shall be left to mankind an asylum on earth for civil and religious liberty. Dismissing, therefore, the justice of our cause as incontestable, the only question is, What is best for us to pursue in our present circumstances?The doctrine of dependence on Great Britain is, I believe, generally exploded; but as I would attend to the honest weakness of the simplest of men, you will pardon me if I offer a few words on that subject." -Samuel Adams
To be continued.......Or read the whole speech here.

History, Homeschooling and How to live a pure, wholesome godly life is certainly what you will find Hannah penning over at Preparing For Our Children's Future. I appreciate the stand that Hannah is taking for Christ!

Recently, Hannah shared a piece of her heart with me online and I would like to share with you what she had to say. Settle in and open your heart to a new friend...

1. PLEASE TELL US YOUR NAME AND WHERE WE CAN FIND YOU ON THE WEB?
Hannah "Preparing For Our Children's Future" and I have been so privileged to help a new blog friend with "The Conservative Homeschooler"!!

2. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING AND TELL US YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT BLOGGING?
Since January '09. Meeting other mom's like me! I am very conservative and passionate about what I believe! As a Pro-life, homemaker, homeschooler, homebirthing(!), 23 yr. old wife, I am different compared to most women my age, and do not have many local friends! Since blogging I have been blessed with meeting women who are more like me and getting to know a few long distances friends better! I have been encouraged and inspired and do not feel so alone!

3. WHAT ARE THE MAIN THINGS THAT YOU BLOG ABOUT?
Learning History, educating ourselves and our children, principles and values, what is going on in our country, homeschooling, and some other things that interest me, such as songs, recipes, herbs, books, homemaking, etc!

4. TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF...if you work ~where? ...have a family ~ tell us about them?
As I mentioned, I am a wife, mother, homemaker, and I am so happy to be a child of my Great Lord and Savior!
My husband is the most wonderful man in the whole world! I am sooo blessed that God put him in my life and then fulfilled me with him! We have two precious little girls. who are just too smart! (They get it from their Daddy!)! And pray that the Lord may choose to bless us with more!
5. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SERVING THE LORD?
I grew up in a Christian home, but it was filled with it's full share of problems. At 17, I decided, God was not going to be forced upon me as He had been portrayed, anymore! I wanted to know who He really was and who He could be to me! So I dove into my own Bible for myself, until He was my own Lord and Savior!

6. CAN YOU GIVE US A TESTIMONY OF HOW GOD HAS PROVEN HIMSELF FAITHFUL TO YOU?
Oh! He has blessed me SOO much and proven Himself faithful in so many ways! to name a few: writing my love story for me! And blessing me with the best husband for me! Blessing us with 2 wonderful girls and the home birth of both of them! helping me thru the last months of the last pregnancy and a month early birth, with a very healthy baby! He has always been there for me, I see Him at work all around me and He blesses us everyday! He is SOOO Great, Good, wonderful and Amazing!

7. COULD YOU SHARE WITH YOUR CIRCLE OF BLOGGING FRIENDS YOUR FAVORITE SCRIPTURE?
There are so many favorites! But John 10:10 has been a favorite for a while now " The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10!

8. HOW HAS THAT SCRIPTURE MINISTERED TO YOU RECENTLY?
I see so many who do not value life and the blessings all around them. They enjoy worldly pleasures and live life for the day. Others worry about the future, and live in fear and greed. because they do not believe in Christ and the eternal life He gives, they live a sad miserable life on this earth. I am happy that I know I will live with my Savior someday in a place free from sin and sadness! I have life and Praise the Lord everyday that I do not have to live in fear or worry about tomorrow! As the song goes "Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow and I know Who holds my hand"!

9. WHAT ADVICE ABOUT BLOGGING WOULD YOU OFFER TO YOUR CIRCLE OF BLOGGING FRIENDS?
Do not compromise your beliefs, values and principles! Do not try to be someone who you are not! Be Christ-like in all you say and do on your blogs. Just as Christ knows your thoughts and heart, He knows and sees your blog too! What would Jesus think of your blog?! Do not participate in ungodly things on your blog and computer!

Also, I personally think too much time is spent on the "fuzzy" things in life and not enough on the things that matter. Sure a lot of it is cute, but time on your blog should be more focused on Christ and others and not so much ourselves! I started blogging because I saw so many homeschool mom's who seemed concerned about the importance of homeschooling their children, but then they do not seem concerned about their children's future and what is down the road for them and how best to prepare them for what ever may come!
It is not about us, it is about our children! We have to do what is right in God's eyes and best for them. So I would say, blog as Jesus would, blog selflessly and blog with care and concern for your children and grandchildren! And always praise the Lord and share His goodness with others!

God bless you in your high-callings as wives and mothers!

WOW! and to think Hannah is only 23 years old...I wish I had the wisdom and the faith of this dear friend when I was her age. Hannah is a Titus 2 woman who is making a difference, not only in her girls lives but many lives and hearts of those that read her writings. "Blog as Jesus would" - that just makes me want to shout alittle bit. I think it is absolutely amazing that God is opening doors for the internet to be used to spread His Word and His love. Thank you Hannah for reminding us of what our freedoms are based upon ... You are such an encouragement to me and to all of the WOMEN TAKING A STAND! - God bless, LAURIE

You can visit Hannah over at PREPARING FOR OUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE by clicking HERE!

FUTURE "CIRCLE OF LOVE" FEATURES: I would love to feature you and your ministry of blogging on a future segment of CIRCLE OF LOVE. If you would like to be highlighted, please CLICK HERE to find out how!!

1 comment:

Pia said...

thank you for sharing. i'm heading to her site after this. this is truly a great avenue to get to know other bloggers. God bless you, laurie.