Friday, June 19, 2009

CIRCLE OF LOVE ... meet Shannon

This week on CIRCLE OF LOVE
I would like to introduce you to SHANNON!
You can find Shannon over at her blog ... Mourning into Dancing
My path crossed with Shannon over at the THANKFUL THURSDAY meme. I have really loved stopping by Shannon's blog site. Not only does she have a gift for giving thanks to God, but she has an incredible strength and passion to share her gratitude even in the midst of tragedy and heartbreak.

Shannon is very passionate about her writing. She has a heart for homeschooling, which many times you will find her writing about on her blog. Another passion that you will find over at "Mourning into Dancing" is Shannon's passion about her family and all the ups and downs that trickle in.

You will also find healing and comfort in the words that Shannon pens on her blog. Nearly eight months ago, Shannon and her husband lost their precious daughter, Chaya Eliana at nearly 25 weeks (6.5 months) of gestation, when Chaya Eliana was born sleeping. This huge loss was not the first one for this precious family, prior to this they experienced other miscarriages.

Disappointment.
Sadness.
Sorrow.
Loss of dreams.

But somehow, thru it all, Shannon has been able to reach up and grab hold of the hand of the One who gives comfort, strength and ability to share with others. I am so thankful for her passionate heart and her willingness to share her story with others. Thru the Grace of God, other women who have walked this same path of disappointment can be ministered to.

I would like to share with you the post that Shannon wrote "Walking with you", I know it will minister to you as it has to me...

March 2007. After having a couple weeks of some light bleeding, my bleeding became more pronounced. It's not something I hadn't experience before. At that time I had already had two miscarriages. But I still clung to the hope that everything was fine.I had to leave work early the day it all started really going downhill. The bleeding was quite excessive, so I called my midwife and got an appointment immediately. I went in right away for her to do an ultrasound. The news was not good. I should have been nine weeks along, but the fetus was only the size of a six week old fetus. And there was no longer a heartbeat. Even already having two living children, I felt my world crashing in over me.

April 2008. I had JUST gotten the positive on the home pregnancy test when I start feeling strange and started spotting. My midwife told me to just go to the
hospital because it was late. So I did. I went to the hospital only to find out I was dilating. Another baby gone. This one would make four.

October 2008 I am admitted to the hospital at 20 weeks pregnant (I got pregnant immediately after losing my last baby) with a severe migraine that could not be contained. There had been some concern about my baby due to slightly less amniotic fluid than there should have been, so my doctor wanted to do an amniocentesis to determine if there was something wrong with her that was causing my illness. I was also told I needed to decide if I would terminate the pregnancy.I decided I would not terminate, and if there was something wrong, God would have to be the one to take care of it.Everything appeared fine, aside from the amniotic fluid level and the fact that she was measuring about three weeks behind in size, but I was informed I may be required to give birth by 26 weeks gestation.I was put on bed rest to try to bring up the amniotic fluid level, but it didn't work. The amniotic fluid continued to decrease steadily.Four weeks after my hospital admission I go in for another ultrasound to check on her growth and make sure everything was alright. She was measuring even further behind, and the umbilical cord was not working properly and the amniotic fluid was non-existent. Every other pump was backwards, away from her instead of to her. I was told to prepare myself, because it looked like she wouldn't make it. But if she did make it
another two weeks, she would have to be delivered.

Two days later, at another checkup, we had an ultrasound. Her heart had stopped. My Chaya Eliana was gone. I was so very angry with God. Ever since finding out I was pregnant I begged God to let me keep this one. He had given me what I was SURE were signs that she would live unlike my others. I just couldn't understand why, after all of that, He would allow this to happen to her, to us.I was sent home to pack some bags and go to the hospital to be induced. On my way home, I turned on the radio and the first song I heard was Jeremy Camp's There Will Be a Day. I downloaded it when I got home and put it on my mp3 player to take with me to the hospital. I listened to it all night. The entire time I was in the hospital.There WILL be a day with no more tears, no more pain, no more fears.There WILL BE A DAY.

YYYYYYYYYYY

Wow. What a wonderful day that will be when Chaya Eliana is reunited with her parents and her loved ones. Recently, Shannon shared a little more in depth with me online and this is a deeper piece of her heart that I would like to share with you...

1. PLEASE TELL US YOUR NAME AND WHERE WE CAN FIND YOU ON THE WEB?My name is Shannon. You can find my Blogspot profile at http://www.blogger.com/profile/03895587986129795555

2. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING AND TELL US YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT BLOGGING?
I've been blogging for many years, but only recently really started blogging at Blogspot. I enjoy blogging because it's easier than writing in a paper journal (which I also do at times), especially when you have a lot to say, as I sometimes do.

3. WHAT ARE THE MAIN THINGS THAT YOU BLOG ABOUT?
I don't believe there is really any particular thing I blog about. I blog about everything, from my struggles with dealing with the death of my daughter to homeschooling to relationship struggles to ex-relationship struggles. Whatever I feel like writing about, that's what I write about.

4. TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF...if you work ~where? ....have a family ~ tell us about them?
At this present moment, I am unemployed. I quit my job in October in an attempt to save the life of my unborn daughter. Once I was able to work again, the economy capsized so horribly that there are no jobs available for me.I have two children, both boys ages 8 and 11, whom I home school, and a husband who loves me despite my many quirks. Our marriage is a struggle, but we're hanging in there.

5. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SERVING THE LORD?
I was raised Christian, but as an adult went my own way. It wasn't really until I HAD to rely on God that I let myself have a relationship with Him. Every day He teaches me more and more about Him and helps guide me to the faith that I desire to have.

6. CAN YOU GIVE US A TESTIMONY OF HOW GOD HAS PROVEN HIMSELF FAITHFUL TO YOU?
This question is too difficult to answer. It involves my beautiful stillborn baby girl, and the story can be found in my blog Mourning into Dancing.

7. COULD YOU SHARE WITH YOUR CIRCLE OF BLOGGING FRIENDS YOUR FAVORITE SCRIPTURE?
Revelation 21:4, but especially the first part of that verse:"He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain."

8. HOW HAS THAT SCRIPTURE MINISTERED TO YOU RECENTLY?
It is the Scripture I cling to on my deepest days of grief. It helps me to remember that even though there is tremendous pain right now, there is a place where we will be together where there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. A place where I, and my family, can live with the rest of our children who are not with us and never have to fear pain again.

9. WHAT ADVICE ABOUT BLOGGING WOULD YOU OFFER TO YOUR CIRCLE OF BLOGGING FRIENDS?
Don't write for anyone but yourself. Just be you. Don't hold back your feelings or opinions for fear of upsetting someone. By all means be tactful about it, but don't hold back. Writing can be cathartic, and if you hold back, it won't be healing enough.

Wow. What an amazing example that Shannon is ... sharing straight from heart, not holding anything back from God so He can bring healing and comfort to all those those broken places of her heart. Thank you for being such an encouragement to so many, especially to me and to all the WOMEN TAKING A STAND! - thank you, Laurie
Please go by today and visit Shannon and introduce yourself to her. CLICK HERE to find her blog.... Mourning into Dancing!

I WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE you and your blog! CLICK HERE to find out how you can be featured in an upcoming "Circle of Love" segment.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I enjoyed learning about Shannon.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Thank you Laurie. I am honored to be featured in today's Circle of Love.

It has been a struggle getting through, and my entries regarding the struggle have been tagged with her name, so if anyone wants to read about them, the tags are listed at the right side of my blog.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! God bless!