Thursday, May 29, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY....His outstretched arms

This past week my daughter has had some hard stuff to embrace. First, her Mamaw passed away (not her real mamaw, but a lady in our church that treated my daughter as one of her own since my daughter was born); then later in the week her oldest brother moved to another state and thirdly, one of her favorite people in the world (her youth pastor) announced a change in direction for ministry and is moving away.

For a twelve year old, this might seem like alot in one week. Face it fellow bloggers, that would be alot for you and me to face in a weeks time. The best thing that I could do for my daughter this past week, is open my arms and offer her a big hug when she felt sad. Sometimes, life causes us so much pain and sorrow that all we want to do is crawl up in God's lap and feel His embrace! Just like a child who looks to a parent for comfort and peace...that is what God's outstretched arms offer us! My daughter wrote a poem that helped her this week, and with her permission I want to share it with you:

LIFE.... by A. Adams

PAIN is alot to handle

SORROW is alot to handle

GRIEF is alot of weight

ALL of these in one is a big burden

ONE ANSWER

PRAY and trust God

NO ONE understands why God takes our loved ones

BUT it's part of life

ONE wise person once told me

that God puts us through trials to test our faith

PAIN, SORROW, and GRIEF

is part of life

Thank you Sissy! So, after a exhausting and emotional week...I am THANKFUL today for God's outstretched arms! It is there that I find:

- PEACE -

- SECURITY -

- JOY -

- STRENGTH -

- LOVE -

- COMFORT -

HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU CRAWLED UP INTO YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER'S LAP AND FELT HIS LOVING ARMS?



Thank you Iris for hosting THANKFUL THURSDAY'S, visit her site to view other thankful hearts!




Blessings, Laurie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely. thanks for sharing with us your TT. God bless!

Denise said...

Bless your daughters heart, I will say a prayer for her.

Anonymous said...

hmmm much too long! I need to crawl into His arms more often - thanks for the reminder, I love that picture.

Your poor girl, I'll pray that God comforts her.

Jennifer said...

Thank you! As an adult...I needed that great wisdom from a teen today. We run, battle and try so many times to handle things in life...on our own and with God's help...it is exhausting, painful, sad and we become weary. We sometimes have to be reminded that we can and need to crawl up in our Heavenly Father's lap and just breathe in His love, His mercy, His goodness, His grace and His strength. When we are weak...He is strong!!!

Thanks Laurie and big thanks to an awesome, wise young lady...AA!!!

Deborah said...

thanks for stopping in at my blog, please come again, its so wonderful to have a thankful heart love always me

Deborah said...

come look who is gracing my blog today???? she is as cute as pie, can you guess who it is? love always me

Peggy said...

Laurie...Bless you for sharing your heart for your daughter and her immense grief...I'm so sorry for all her heartache...and how wonderful that she has an understanding mom to point her(& us) in the direction of her Heavenly Father's lap, but I'm sure she was content to have you!!

But as your Blog title says, WOMEN TAKING A STAND and we must embrace that...your LIFE words by A. Adams were absolutely aMazing TRUTH though they brought tears as I thought of your young daughter...
and the enormity of the PAIN, GRIEF...I will Pray..be blessed &
continue opening your arms to hold & ears to just listen!

ocean mommy said...

She has had a rough week! Wow...saying a prayer right now for her and YOU!

Blessings,
stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hope your daughter is ok now...Blessing to you and your family...

Cheri said...

You tell Miss A. Adams for me that she is a young lady after God's heart. What she wrote is beautiful.

I absolutely love to see this young generation following in their Father's footsteps. There is just so much hope when you see something like this!

~ Cheri

eph2810 said...

You are right, Laurie - it would be much for us, as an adult to bear too. What a sweet poem your little girl has written.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...