Monday, November 28, 2016

Feeling Full

I don't know about you, but ever since Thursday, I've been saying how full I am and how I'm never going to eat again!

Ha ha, but each day since, the leftover dressing and pumpkin torte has been staring at me until I cave in and eat just alittle bit more.

I have read the book of Philippians many times over the years, but just this week I noticed a word that kept jumping out at me, "full". Perhaps it was because I was feeling so miserable in my state of overeating that I just noticed such an important word.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether full or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." (Philippians 4:12)

Paul is reminding the people of Philippi that no matter the state that they find themselves, they can learn to be content. So often, I have considered this verse in the times of my need. When I was lacking, I asked God to teach me to become content.

But what about when I am full - is there contentment when I have much? (Apparently not if I had one more piece of pie!)

It may seem like we can never take another nibble again because we feel so satisfied but then a new day comes and the hunger pains attack us stronger than before. When those spiritual hunger pains come, do what any starving Christian would do...pull up a chair and feast some more.

You might over indulge with those sweet potatoes but with God, you can never get enough. So, Bon appetit!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: