Tuesday, July 26, 2016

TODAY'S DAILY...progress is progress

I wanted to let each of you know that I saw a glimpse of small progress yesterday at therapy. Progress sometimes comes quickly but often times slowly, but yet, progress is progress. With that said, can I share my heart with you today about how difficult we make progress look...

When I look back over my life, I see good and I see bad, the memories that flood over me are like photographs frozen in time. These glimpses that I see represent both who I once was and who I have become. Like any before and after picture, the difference is remarkable.

If you were to line up each photograph of yourself next to each other, you would not be able to literally see the change take place but the change would be visible to the eye. You would see hairstyle change, wardrobe style change and physical changes. Over a period of time change is bound to appear.

Change is a progression.

Some see it clear as day while others will never see it. "You look the same as you did 20 years ago!" Really? How odd would that be for a 30 year old to look 10!?!

Spiritually speaking, the reason people don't notice that we are different now vs. then is because they can't see us any other way but in the old. They can't forget our past because they still reside there.

"See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way through the wilderness." (Isaiah 43:19)

I don't know about you, but God tells me that TODAY is the first day of the rest of my life, not yesterday. There's no better day to move forward than today. Let the past be thrown into the sea of forgetfulness and take one step toward God.

People are not the ones holding your future, God is! People may say they remember the snapshots of your past, but God has already erased the film. That picture of what was doesn't live here anymore.

Take a closer look and see how far you've come and see what God sees. Progress may be slow, but progress is still progress!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: