Monday, January 25, 2016

Daily Devo...Delete it, zip it, clean it up!

Lately, I've been sorting thru things and organizing and simply getting rid of clutter.
Just look at my email: seriously, WHY do I have 969 unread messages? I'll tell you why...because it's all junk. I don't need to read about all the sales, or what all the Insurance companies can offer or for $29.99 I can find out that I'm a millionaire.
So, I took some time and hit delete, delete, delete. 969 times.
Our email is not the only thing that becomes cluttered with junk. How about our closets? Our storage sheds? Do you seriously think you will wear that 70's jacket again or just when do you think you will go tent camping again? I mean it's been how long since you've used that camping equipment?
It may be time to clear out some junk to make room for some new stuff.
This is also true in our emotional and spiritual life's. Sometimes, God can't shower us with "new" things because we haven't left any room for it.
I don't know about you, but I want to have ALL that God has for me and it may mean that I'll need to do some housecleaning. Those things (even people) that bring clutter and disorder to my life may need to be packed up. When we find that unhealthy and unnecessary things take up more room in our life than God does, something has to go!
God longs to fill whatever space that we make available for Him. He wants to be near to us, not just tucked away like an old, dusty, never used camping tent. In fact the heart cry of God is simply this...
"Abide in me, and I in you" (John 15:4). 
Take time to do some de-cluttering today. Perhaps it's some past hurts, or people who are not good for you or simply you have gotten away from God. Whatever is keeping you from receiving all that God has for you...clean it up, hit delete, box it up, zip it up, do whatever it takes to make room for MORE of God!