Tuesday, December 29, 2015

TODAY'S DAILY...if God is for us, who can be against us?

Have you ever set out to do something but in return you were ridiculed or not supported?

That's a tough one, but I'm reminded of the famous quote by good 'ole Teddy...

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character." -Theodore Roosevelt

Many years ago I worked for a well known paper manufacturer. It was a company that many people would fight to get hired on at. After a couple of years of customer service work with such company, I decided to take on something else with less stress, less drama and unfortunately less money.

Even though I knew it was the right thing for me to do, those close to me, yes even my family, disagreed. The criticism and lack of support was the last thing I had imagined to come from those who I thought would support me no matter what.

Since then, I've made some other decisions that my closest friends and family haven't quite understood or supported but with the urging of the Lord, I steamrolled ahead.

It hurts when those you love and support don't support you but at the end of the day you have to ask yourself, "Who are you doing this for?"

Not everyone will believe in you or support your dreams but as long as YOU believe it, and God has DESIGNED it ...you can only end up a winner!

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" -Romans 8:31

No comments: