Monday, October 20, 2014

DAILY DEVO...beep, beep, what is that sound?

I couldn't figure out where the beeping was coming from until someone pointed out to me that it was my phone. It was letting me know that my battery was low but I did not recognize the alarm.


Sounds like what happens when we allow ourselves to get run down physically and emotionally. Alarms go off but we do not recognize them.


Everyone around us seems crabby, insensitive and trying to pick a fight with us but truth is it isn't "them", it is us. Often times we look everywhere else for the problem instead of looking at ourselves.
We don't recognize the beeping that is coming from within. God is the beeping inside that whispers in our spirit "It's not them, it's you".


"We must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, for fear that we drift away from it." -Hebrew 2:1



? for today...if people around you are on your nerves, have you checked your own battery? Perhaps it needs recharging.


Try recharging with God's peace and joy and see if you get better at recognizing the sounds of the beeps in your life!


1 comment:

bp said...

Enjoyed this Laurie! Thanks!