Thursday, January 26, 2012

THANKFUL THURSDAY...day 26, how is it looking?

It is hard to believe that the end of January is already here. I have enjoyed seeing all of your grateful hearts this month as your TT host! It encourages me so much to see how God is working in all of your lifes.

As I look at the calendar I see that we are already 26 days into the new year. I wonder how you are doing with your new goals and aspirations? One thing that I always hated about making "resolutions" is that feeling of failure I often felt by the end of the first month when I realized that I had already failed at losing weight, or eating right or exercising more.

Often times, I think setting goals is much like taking a walk on the beach. Have you ever noticed that if you try to walk straight and then look back at your footprints in the sand that your steps will be anything but straight. However, if you would fix your attention on something straight ahead, your steps would probably point straight to that object you were aiming for.

Goals are crucial for all of us to have. The big goals. And the small goals. But if we stumble around without having a course to keep us inline, we will be like the steps on the beach. Goals with no purpose will most definetly leave us feeling like a failure. Even Jesus had goals, and His goals had purpose indeed. In fact, His primary goal was set way before time even began.

Can you imagine how things would be different for you and me today if Jesus did not set His eyes on His Fathers plan? Each step He took, each lesson He taught, each miracle He performed was leading Him (and others) to God's ultimate purpose...the power of the Cross!

I am so thankful that Jesus was goal-minded and that each of His steps were ordained by God. If you set some goals for the new year and find yourself not staying on track, ask God to help you to see His purpose and plan and then fix your attention on that plan.

PHILIPPIANS 3:13,14 "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Forget...reach...press on...receive! So how is day 26 looking for you? Keep on reaching, the prize awaits you!

We would love to hear what is on your grateful heart today, be sure to link up your post below in Mr. Linky. Next week Iris will be hosting TT, see you over there for the month of February!



10 comments:

Pamela said...

I've found a "theme" is a better way for me to start the year. My 2012 word is "healthy" and I've been taking baby steps toward that goal -- and praying. I'm so happy I've been staying on track and the determination comes from God -- not from my own self.

eph2810 said...

This year (so far) I am doing much better with my goals as I did the years before.
One thing that does keep me pressing on is His Word. I am with you to forget...reach...press on...receive.

Thank you so much for hosting Thankful Thursday in the month of January, my friend.

Love & peace,
<>< Iris

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Thank you for hosting this month!

Denise said...

Good post.

Lisa Maria said...

Laurie, thank you so much for hosting TT this month. One of MY resolutions and goals was to be faithful in posting my thankfulness to God. Hmm well I think I did 2 out of 3 so I'm more than halfway there. As you say though, I have to keep striving and climbing! I'll do better next month. Meanwhile, it was a blessing to be inspired by reading your posts as well as those linked up.

God bless!

bp said...

Thanks for the reminder about goals.

GranthamLynn said...

Great post Laurie. I agree. I made goals myself. Thanks for hosting this month. I linked up. Come by and see me.
Have a Blessed Friday and weekend.
Sherry

Kimberly said...

I'm thankful for His attention to the goal too!

I aspire to be more like that, as I fail miserably each time I focus on "what I'm doing right now" versus "where I'm going."

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Laurie,
Great post! I love the walking on the beach analogy. We need to keep our eyes fixed on the prize!
Love in Him,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Praise God for His faithfulness! If He calls us to it, He will see us through it!