Thursday, July 15, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY...walking a tight rope

One of the most amazing things to watch is a tightrope artist. It is one thing that these performers have to go high up to reach their performing stage, but it is a completely other thing that they walk across a very thin rope as they risk falling a great distance.

Watching them walk across a tightrope scares me. Especially when their steps become wobbly and it looks like they are going to fall down to the ground. But even when they do fall off of the rope - there is a safety net below to catch them. What a peace of mind for the one high up on the wire to know that their fall will be secure and safe.

Life can be alot like walking a tightrope! But today I am so thankful that when it feels that way, that God 's arms are outstretched and will cushion our fall.

PSALMS 91:1,2 "He Who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. (2) I will say to the Lord, 'my Refuge and my Fortress, my God, in Whom I trust!"

When it seems like you are falling from your tight rope ... remember God is your safety net. Is your safety net in place today?

Lynn is our TT hostess this month, please join your grateful hearts
with ours today by linking your Thankful Thursday post over at Lynn's place!

9 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God for being my secure safety net.

Karen said...

Great post. My grandkids just had me walking a tightrope on a Wii game. I didn't do so well! Thankfully, in "real life" I can follow in Jesus' steps!

Joshlin said...

Great reminder and I love how you put it! Thank you and have a blessed day!

Heather said...

Amen!! To know there is someone there to catch us with open arms!

Crystal Roberts said...

Loved your post, so thought provoking, kind of reminded me of my post. You have a lovely blog, I enjoyed visiting!

Rocks said...

Thank you for sharing this..it re-assured me that even if I fall..I have a safety net down there waiting for me.

Blessings!!

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

I love this visual!

Blessings
Bernice

Karen said...

I love my safety net...your wonderful post brings to mind this song lyric... I can't even walk without You holding my hand....

Melanie said...

Oh, I join you Laurie in thanking God for being our safety net! I'm afraid I would've gone "splat" long ago if not for Him. :)

Happy Thankful Thursday!