Monday, October 16, 2017

DAILY DEVO... how well do you know God's love?

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

Paul prayed that the Ephesians would know the depth of the love of Christ. He wanted them to see what was beyond their comprehension when it came to this kind of love. 

It is difficult for our minds to wrap around this thought of just how much God loves us.

Most Christians go thru life thinking that they know God, but do we really know Him? 

The true test of "knowing Him" will appear when the bottom falls out of our life. When our marriage struggles. When we lose our job. When death or serious illness affects us. These are just some of the life struggles that if we lean hard enough upon God, we will see Him for Who He truly is. 

(Ephesians 3:19) "And to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

I have people in my life that seem to only know me when they need something. I'm sure you do too. When it comes to my relationship with God, I don't want to be that child that only knows Him when I'm in need.

Even though it goes beyond my comprehension of how deep and rich the love of God is, I want to know God; really know Him. Understanding Who God is will help us in those topsy turvy times in life.

Paul brings up a good question in today's Scripture reading, so I have to ask; "How well do you Know God?"

HAVE A BLESSED DAY. Laurie

@copyright2017 laurieadams


TODAY'S SCRIPTURE READING:  Isaiah 65:17-66:24, Ephesians 3:1-4:16, Proverbs 6:20-26

No comments: