Tuesday, September 20, 2016

DAILY DEVO...your life is a story!


Have you ever considered that your life is a story, a story worth telling others about?

I enjoy writing. If I were to write about my life, the general points would probably bore you to death. Sure, being married to my high school sweetheart for 35 years is worthy to mention and being a mom, a daughter and a sister could generate a few stories, but is that all there is to tell?

Our life story cannot just be made up of cliff notes; where we work, where we live and who we marry. All of that is important but the stories of our life come from everything that is entangled around those things.

The pain. The joy. The disappointments. The ups. The downs. And all the in betweens.

"Let the redeemed of the LORD tell their story-- those He redeemed from the hand of the foe." (Psalm 107:2)

Perhaps somewhere along the course of your life, someone made you feel like your story didn't matter. I assure you for each season, for every chapter lived, God has been penning your wonderful, unique story to be told.

When I see someone who is disgruntled, sad or over the top giddy, I think to myself, "they must have a story".  Everyone has a story to tell, who knows, you and I just might be sitting on the next best seller!

Like any great story, it's only a good read if the reader can connect with the writer. God wants to use all of your story: the joy, the pain, and all the pages in between. So find the essence of your story and share it with someone.

I'm confident it will be a good read.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: