Monday, April 6, 2015

DAILY DEVO...put on a gratitude party instead of a pity party

There is no escaping having troubles in our lives. God even tells us that we will have it...


"...in this world you will have trouble. But take heart I have overcome the world." -John 16:33



Many of us have realized that life is full of trials and trouble, but few of us have realized how to handle trouble when it comes our way.


I was so blessed and brought into check these past couple days while visiting with my dear friend who lays in the hospital after being involved in a 4 wheeler accident. Even though my friend is suffering with pain and a few set backs, she is grateful that she feels the pain because she realizes how close she was to not being able to feel anything.


That right there is the very gratitude I want to have whenever pain and trouble comes my way. Instead of burying my head and throwing a pity party, I want to throw a gratitude party!


Put your trust in God and allow His strength to change your perspective in the midst of trouble. I want to be more like my friend...complain less and thank God more!


How about you...what difference could gratitude make in your trial today?


2 comments:

Nancie said...

Hi Laurie,

I fully agree with you that a grateful heart helps us to cope better in very painful and difficult time. Remembering God's love and faithfulness, can uplift our heart and soul when all seems hopeless.

One of my friends is going through a very difficult time now. I just wrote about her. I pray she may find the help she needs, and she will be able to know God's care and help, and be able to rejoice eventually despite the pain now.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead!

Warm Regards,
Nancie
More Than Conquerors
http://www.mylifewithbipolardisorder.com/

Abby said...

Oh I love this!! Thanks for sharing, I really needed this!!