Tuesday, March 31, 2015

DAILY DEVO: I write to encourage others, what do you do?


I had someone ask me "why do you send out daily devotions?"


Besides the fact that God has given me a love for writing devotions, God has given me a platform in which I can speak love and encouragement into people's hearts and lives.


Someone close to me once told me that they receive my devotions but rarely read them. At first that hurt my feelings but then God reminded me of why He has me writing...that if just ONE life is affected, it is worth it all!


We are commanded as Christians to encourage one another. Encouragement, in fact, can drastically change a persons life!


We all get distressed from time to time and need encouragement. If I write about comfort, you may not need comfort that particular day, but I promise you one day you will, and no doubt, you will rub shoulders with someone who is desperate for it.


Today's encouragement may not be for you at this time. But God knows the exact time and the exact person it is meant for. I don't have the power of knowing who needs what, but I do know that when I'm obedient in sharing encouragement from God's Word, He will build up the lonely, the depressed, and the hurting.


"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." -1 Thessalonians 5:11



Be an encourager! I write to encourage, what are you doing to build others up?

No comments: