Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THANKFUL THURSDAY...Do it continually!

Hello friends. I want to greet you with special Thanksgiving greetings. All year long, we meet here or over at my friend Iris's place to express our thanks and gratitude. Whether we do it once a week or just on this special day set aside, I must ask myself and ask you...Is it enough?

Giving praise to God is one of the best ways to express our thanks to God for all of His blessings but yet so many of us do not take the time to do it on a regular basis. I know, I know, I am preaching to the choir as most of you reading this today are regular Thankful Thursday readers and supporters. But I seriously have been pondering this thought, what kind of "thanking Him" routine do we have?

Is saying "grace" before we eat enough?
Is saying a bedtime ritual enough?
Is even expressing our top ten list at Thanksgiving enough?

In Hebrews 13:15, it says this...

"By Him therefore, let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name."

Continually, you say? That does not mean just once a year or even once a day! It is implying that we offer thanks repeatedly, without interruption. David sums it up well in Psalms...

"His praise shall continually be in my  mouth. At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto Thee because of Thy righteous judgements." (Psalm 119:62)

When is the last time you or I found ourselves up giving God praise at midnight? I can barely open my eyes to see the way to the bathroom, let alone, open my lips.

God is desiring for His children to develop a lifestyle of praise, offering thanks and praise for all He is and all He does, at ALL times. Continually.

Today is Thankful Thursday and I have had the privilege of hosting with my friend Iris for several years now. Due to some health issues going on within my family, this will be my last time to host TT  for a short while. I will be back and until then, I will continually be thanking Him!


2 comments:

tammi said...

I find ThanksLiving is much more challenging than giving thanks on a regular basis, but I also believe the more we practice giving thanks, the more likely we are to live out our gratitude.

I am and will be praying for you and your daughter; for peace, healing, joy, and the glory of God to shine through.

lorig said...

Continually is a big challenge but then God gives us a big promise (His help) and a big gift (His grace). When I let God work on my attitude it becomes easier to give thanks in unexpected times. Thank you for this reminder that thanksgiving is an ongoing attitude not a one day event