Wednesday, May 15, 2013

THANKFUL THURSDAY...one day at a time!

Well, here I am, embarking on the one weekend that nine months ago I was dreading. My baby girl is graduating on Friday night from High School and my son is graduating from college Saturday morning. Two life changing, thrilling, exciting, and bittersweet memories, all wrapped up in less than 24 hours of each other.

This weekend begins my empty nest. All my babies are now completely grown up, making their own decisions and flying, the best they know how to.

I thought that I would be really sad about this turn in my life, but strangely enough, I have a peace in my spirit and in my heart. Sadness is replaced with a joy of the time that I have been blessed with four great kids who now are making their own mark in their world. This momma is so proud and blessed.

I know that as both Anna ventures off to college and Jeremy ventures off into the work world, both of them, along with our two other grown children will make a difference wherever they go, whatever they do. For they have the Lord on their side. Placing each decision, each step and each adventure in Gods hands. I can't think of any other possible wish a momma could wish for.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

For me, as the house becomes silent, and the all I have is memories of days gone by, I will take one day at a time, remembering all that was and looking ahead for all that will become.

Aren't you thankful for the memories that God has given you? I am. Today is THANKFUL THURSDAY and I am glad that you have joined us.

3 comments:

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

It took me about 2 years to get used to our empty nest...but now we have gotten used to it! Our adult children (and two grandchildren!!) are great and it makes me proud to be their mom. Like you, I am so thankful for the memories, but am also so happy they have grown into the wonderful adults they are.

Blessings, Joan

P.S. Have a fantastic weekend!!!

Kathleen said...

My heart goes out to you.... My days were up at down at first, which is normal. There is a sort of grieving process that goes with the complete empty nest but I must say now that grandparenthood has come along - many days I love it! I like spoiling those angels AND THEN sending them home to mommy and daddy. My eldest is in NYC, my second a married mom of two, my third in LA and the fourth who I hear and see the least of works with his dad! Ha! He comes over for supper once in awhile. Like you I feel like I did my best in raising my four and I place them daily in God's hands. Bless you and you begin and exciting new journey in life and just think of all those romantic dates with your hubby :)

Denise said...

Very thankful for my memories.