Thursday, February 25, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY...exposure to the light

I use my camera for fun. A snapshot here, a snapshot there. Taking pictures of my kids, of my husband, and of fun trips we take. I don't know a whole lot about photography but one thing that I do know, if you expose the negatives to the light .... your photos will not turn out.

When the light is exposed, somehow it turns the pictures dark. I don't really understand how light can cause so much damage. But it does. As a photographer, this would be frustrating and humiliating, especially if you had taken pictures of a special moment that could never be re-captured. Like a wedding, or a birthday, or even a once in a lifetime vacation.

To achieve the finest quality in your photographs, you must avoid the light. However, if you avoid the light of God in your day to day walk, I am afraid you will remain in your own darkroom. One that is filled with misery, unhappiness and uncertainity. His light is not one that causes damage, instead it creates refreshing beauty like a perfectly developed photograph.

1 PETER 2:9 "Declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light."

Without the Light (God's Light)... we will never achieve the finest quality in life! Peace, love, joy, understanding, forgiveness, mercy Aren't you thankful for being called out of the dark and into His light?

IRIS is hosting THANKFUL THURSDAY this week. Click here to share your grateful heart. Come back here next week, I will be hosting TT for the month of March.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Wonderful post.

jo.attalife said...

Okay. I am called out of the darkness... but I must walk out myself. I pray for the strength to do this. Thanks, Laurie.
Please click here for mine.

Debbie said...

This was a good anaolgy as always Laurie. Thank God He is that light that always lights the way. Stumbling in the darkness is sooo NOT my favorite thing to do. Have a wonderful day.

annies home said...

what a great post

Holly said...

Yes... So thankful he has drawn me out of the dark room!

Great post,
Holly

Melanie said...

Oh, yes.. I am so thankful for God's light shining in my life!

Happy Thankful Thursday, Laurie!

Unknown said...

awesome analogy!

amen!

blessings and grace,
jill

LeAnn said...

That is a fascinating look at light. I have never thought about the camera lighting in that regard. Cool. thanks for the encouragement. :)

Apron Senorita said...

When God created the world, it was through darkness that life came to be. It was through light that we came to see. I thank you putting into words the simpleness of it.

God Bless You!
Yoli :)